Empowering Excellence: Strategies for Effective Volunteer Management
Volunteers play a crucial role in the operations of not-for-profit organisations. They contribute their time, skills, and passion to support the organisation's mission and make a positive impact on the community they serve. Associations in particular should not underestimate the reliance on volunteers to deliver their programs and services.
In this presentation you will learn:
- Strategies to recruit volunteers to support your mission or purpose
- Developing expectations, defining roles and responsibilities
- What training should you provide to all your volunteers.
- Managing of risk and safety issues
- How to recognise and reward volunteers
Sara joined Volunteering Victoria in January 2018 with a focus on Professional Development services. She has 15 years experience in government and not for profit sectors. She has focused on volunteer management, program development and training. Not only that, but she has a Masters in Social Policy and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Furthermore, she is passionate about seeing Australian communities thrive through volunteering.