Board Governance, Induction,
Training and Development
Positive change starts at the top, and that’s why we place such an emphasis on getting aspects of governance right.
Our Governance Training and Education services provide expert advice and support for all critical areas of NFP governance.
Our services can extend from providing a review of your association’s constitution to developing a new constitution, to giving consultations on board management, agenda and minute taking and even dealing with conflict and creating a board code of ethics.
We also provide a toolkit, which includes a Governance Introduction Video, a workshop on ‘Governance for NFP Directors’ and a Board Induction Manual. Our training covers topics such as:
- Review of Constitution: The constitution of an association is central to the way in which a board governs. By reviewing the constitution, we can see if any aspects are making the board's job difficult, and suggest improvements that will make it easier.
- Development of Constitution: If your association doesn’t have a constitution, it needs one. Constitutions allow for consistent governance, which is essential in creating an association that your members will have faith in.
- Access to legal advice through our legal advisor, John Crosby: Running an association is an enormous undertaking, especially when matters of legality are raised. With a legal advisor on hand, you can navigate any issues safely.
- 15-Minute Governance Introduction Video: This video will be a resource for board and executive teams to turn to time and time again.
- Workshop: Governance for Not-for-Profit Directors: This workshop is essential for both board members and directors.
- Consulting Services, Board Management, Minute Taking, Agendas
- Induction Manual for Directors: Directors come and go, and its essential you have an induction manual on hand that you can turn to so there are as few teething problems as possible during the changeover.
- Project Managing: Creating projects is one thing, fulfilling them is another. Get our expert advisors to assist.
- Mergers: Mergers can be tricky and painful. We’ll make sure everyone is looked after, so the merger can be completed as soon as possible.
- Board Development: Creating a good board culture is imperative in any association. We can provide you with the procedures and policies you need to develop a board culture that will steer your association in the right direction.
- Dealing with Conflict and Board Ethics: If your association can't deal with conflict, or operate ethically, it will fail. You need written regulations to ensure conflict, and ethical matters can be dealt with in a timely and just manner.
Need More Information?
- Contact us online
- Phone us on 03 8393 9382