Strategic Planning and Development
Without strategic planning and development, your association is essentially directionless. Our service helps you to find your direction and take the next step.
Our services in Strategic Planning and Development revolve around four critical questions:
- Do you have a strategic plan?
- Is it being used by the Committee or Board?
- How are management, staff and the board implementing it?
- How do you measure the effectiveness of the strategic plan?
Strategic planning is crucial to any association. Our service will illustrate the importance of your plan and its implementation. We go beyond merely planning and developing your strategies, we assist you in implementing these strategies, by working with key stakeholders and staff to ensure an association-wide buy-in.
Our Strategic planning program includes the following;
- Review of the existing strategic plan: By reviewing any existing plans, we get an idea of your central goals and how the current plan has failed to achieve these.
- Interview key staff and board/council members: No matter how good a strategic plan is, it cannot succeed without complete buy-in from key staff and the board members. This stage is imperative in ensuring that everyone is on the same page and prepared to back the plan.
- Facilitation of workshop with board/council and key staff: If your association has never worked off a strategic plan, a workshop will be essential in teaching key staff members about how to formulate and implement one.
- Development of draft strategic plan: This stage will be collaborative. Your input will be essential in creating a strategic plan that can be actioned, financed and achieve your goals.
- Assistance and advice on the use of the strategic plan: A strategic plan is just a piece of paper until it is actioned. Doing so can be far more difficult than you think, and we provide you with the tools you need to make your vision a reality.
- Review of the use of the strategic plan in board meetings: So many strategic plans end up being forgotten about because they aren’t brought up during board meetings. The strategic plan needs to be a central talking point of every board meeting, and we can show you how to do that.
- Benchmarking with similar associations: By looking at the strategic plans of other associations, we can gauge how yours will perform, and how well suited it is to your particular association type.
Need More Information?
- Contact us online
- Phone us on 03 8393 9382